RIVER CITY BRASS AUDITIONS
2nd Euphonium, Cornet & Subs on all brass & percussion
Audition Date: Saturday, October 28, 2017
Application Deadline: Friday, September 15, 2017
Musicians of the River City Brass are members of the A. F. of M. Local 60-471.
Compensation is based on a per-service scale of $127.80 plus AFM pension.
80 + estimated services in the 17/18 season. A limited number of highly qualified
candidates will be invited to the auditions. Send a one-page resume no later than September 15, 2017 to: Cindy Geib, Operations Director
RCB, 500 Grant Street, Suite 2720, Pittsburgh PA 15219. Email to: email@example.com
Applicants that are chosen to audition will be notified by October 1, 2017. Auditions will be held at CAPA High School, 111 Ninth Street Pittsburgh, PA 15222. 8:30am – 12:00noon the audition rep list will be sent upon receiving an invite to audition.
Auditions are by invitation only and River City Brass reserves the right to dismiss any candidate who does not meet the highest professional standards.
River City Brass is an equal opportunity employer
Position Overview: The Marketing Associate is responsible for all aspects of the campaign to promote the band and build the patron base and attendance at concerts using state of the art advertising practices. The associate also engages in activities to promote RCB’s educational programs and fundraising events. This position is part-time, three work days per week and reports to the Artistic and General Director.
- In collaboration with the Artistic and General Director, the Director of Operations, the Artist Manager and the Director of Administration and Development, advance and oversee all marketing campaigns, for both River City brass presented events, outside presenting organizations, and fundraising events.
- Manage all social media accounts, including but not limited to Facebook and Instagram.
- Create website content and manage the site.
- Produce videos for television spots and web distribution.
- Manage the email strategy and its content and marketing schedule.
- Oversee graphic design work related to marketing projects.
- Organize electronic press kits.
- Maintain data related to marketing and outreach goals for the purposes of reporting results for the organization and grant reports.
- Evaluate and implement new platforms and marketing ideas to continuously innovate the brand preference.
- Conduct other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The successful candidate will have concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications including:
- The ability to develop a passion about the mission of River City Brass and the community served.
- Personal communications skills for effective face-to-face interaction and written communication skills necessary to compel individuals and organizations to support River City Brass
- Demonstrated success in consistently meeting/exceeding established goals and expectations.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently as well as in a team, and manage a wide variety of responsibilities.
- A detailed oriented and organized approach to work.
- A work style that is transparent, encouraging and collaborative.
- Impeccable ethics.
- Idealism, integrity, positive attitude, and self-directed characteristics.
- These proficiencies:
- Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Premiere CS6.
- General graphic design proficiency
- Squarespace website management
- Basic HTML & CSS
- Digital Photography and Videography
- Facebook Ads Manager
- Facebook and Instagram best practice knowledge
- Copywriting for web and print experience
Qualifications: Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or a related field and experience in marketing development projects significant enough to document having achieved success in the knowledge, skills and abilities required for the position. FBI and Act 33/34 clearances are required upon hiring. Experience in a performing arts organization is preferred.
The Application Package Should Include:
- A cover letter expressing the reason for interest in the position.
- A detailed resume.
- Three examples of the applicant’s recent professional writing.
- Links to: at least one social media account being currently managed and to at least one video that has been edited by the applicant.
Application Deadline: August 15, 2017
Send Applications to Either:
River City Brass
500 Grant Street, Suite 2720